Monday, November 26, 2012

Final proposal

For my final I want to focus on capturing nature juxtaposed with technology. I've always found the site of trees stuck in the middle of crowded intersection or graffitied and beat down by their polluted surroundings. I've also been really impressed with natures ability to persevere and survive despite the harshest climates and conditions. I find a blade of grass or a flowering weed sprouting from a crack in cement or a birds nest built in the crevasse of a building to be a truly beautiful and inspiring thing. I want to draw attention to these small feats of survival and expose the beauty of the organic life of nature entwined with hard and cold man made things.
In my project I want to make people aware of the sparse nature that surrounds them and respect what little space it has. I've photographed images of litter in flower beds and graffiti on trees to call attention to the carelessness and cruelty we display towards nature. It is important to value the intrinsic and fragile beauty of the world and to appreciate how amazing it's many forms are. I personally find nature to be the most inspiring thing the world has to offer simply due to the sheer vastness and abundance of it's varying climates and species. For this reason I find it really depressing to see more cement than grass in my daily life and even worse to see what little space devoted to nature defaced and disgraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment