Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs




During my trip to Hannon library, the photography book that attracted my interest most was Ansel Adams. I'm really drawn to landscape photography and like that so much of his work showcases the beauty of America's different landscapes. I also love that the work is in black and white. It was really inspiring to look at these photos while in a photo 1 class because it gave me so many more ideas on how to play with texture and contrast.  His work just seemed to combine two things I find incredibly beautiful, the diverse climates of America along with beautiful black and white photography. My favorite collection of photos were the ones taken in Yosemite. I've often camped there with my family and have always been disappointed that the photos I take there never truly reflect the beauty of the national park. However, Adams prints gave me the same feelings of awe that I feel when I'm actually among the nature of Yosemite.


No comments:

Post a Comment