Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bergamont Station

As I added the class on the later side, I didn't get the chance to accompany the class on the field trip to Bergamont Station. I did however look a lot at the Station's gallery website and was particularly drawn to one exhibition in particular.

Arthur Tess: San Francisco drew my eyes for two main reason. First, the year it's set is 1963 which happens to be the year my mother was born and the photos are taken in San Francisco, my hometown. Second, I was really drawn to the juxtaposition of the subjects and their surroundings. One photo in particular I found really interesting consists of a woman sitting on a stone ledge next to look out binoculars. The woman and the binoculars have a striking resemblance and stiff, cool feeling about them.
The way the people are portrayed and affected by their surroundings really stood out to me in these photos. As I am brand new to photography student I was really inspired and surprised by how much simple things can affect the general tone of your photos.

Here is the link to the cite:
http://bergamotstation.com/gallery.php?id=110735&bg=rosegallery#

No comments:

Post a Comment